Thursday, July 30, 2009

My xbox 360 Wireless Network doesn't work with Media Center?

I have turned off both my Windows firewall and anti-virus firewall as well as opened the ports on my d-link DI624 rev c Wireless router to the virtual server. and my xbox works fine with x-box live but not with my PC. I have also enabled sharing in media center version 11. The media center never asked me for the code the xbox gives you when you set it up not sure if it is supposed to. I am really stuck here I apreciate any help. Microsoft tech support is completely useless.

My xbox 360 Wireless Network doesn't work with Media Center?
Fotr help with Media Center problems, post in the windows MCE newsgroup. This is a forum for MCE users. It says XP, but it covers all MCE.





http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/exper...
Reply:I dont think the new version of WMP needs the code anymore. According to these instructions as long as you can see your xbox 360 in the WMP11 sharing and your computer shows up in the 360, you should be fine.





I would start here:





http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows...





To set up media sharing in Windows Media Player 11





1. In Windows Media Player 11, click the arrow below the Library tab, and then click Media Sharing.





2. In the Media Sharing dialog box, select the Share my media check box, and then click OK.





3. In the list below the Share my media to check box, click your Xbox 360, click Allow, and then click OK.


It might take a little bit of time for your Xbox 360 to appear in the list of devices.





4. Using your Xbox 360 controller, select the media blade.





5. Select music.





6. Select Computer.





7. On the Windows-based PC screen, select Yes, Continue.


After a few moments, your computer with the shared media name should appear.





8. Under Select your computer, select your computer and the shared media name.





9. Find the music that you want to play, and then select Play.


The music streams from your computer to your Xbox 360.


No comments:

Post a Comment