Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hi,Can I clear the sim or dim [whatever its called these days]on my computer,or do I need to buy another one?

My compaq presario [less than 2 years old]seems to be running with drive c,I frequently get virtual memory low notification.on task bar,just to right of "start"there is a spot with several dots in a row [vertically]and when I bring cursor over it,get double ended arrow,not clickable.I guess my main question is,can memory on mother board be full?and if so,can I empty it?Thank you.

Hi,Can I clear the sim or dim [whatever its called these days]on my computer,or do I need to buy another one?
The double ended arrows you get allow you to move the taskbar components, it's supposed to do that or you can choose to lock the taskbar. Your virtual memory is pretty much used as a scrap book on your hard drive when it needs more memory. Go to control panel....system.....advanced....performa... change the virtual memory, that is if you have enough hard drive space. If you have atleast a gig, it should be fine. Other than maybe a slight slower performance when running windows, it's not too big a deal unless you're using high memory programs like photoshop, the latest games, etc.





And no, lol, you don't have to clear the DIMM or SIMM memory on pc's these days, not usually unless you have to reboot to install an OS, program, or whatever.
Reply:your virtual memory should be 1.5 times the amount of ram, if yuou don't know what you are doing i there, lwet windows handle it, you computer prtobably just needs more ram, that one is going to have dimms, pc133,


your ram empties everytome you reboot if you get that message just reboot


No comments:

Post a Comment