Thursday, July 30, 2009

Is the typical arboretum in most major cities usually worth the trip? What is the best arboretum in the U.S.?

How about the U.S. National Arboretum Washington D.C.? I took the virtual tour on their website. I was hoping that's not all their is there, that they didn't take pictures of the good stuff.

Is the typical arboretum in most major cities usually worth the trip? What is the best arboretum in the U.S.?
I've been to the National Arboretum and it is nice. The Missouri Botanical Garden is the largest in the United States and it is wonderful!





Hey Djddan, I now see that you are the one who was asking all of those taxonomy questions. I am a botanist and that is an area of interest of mine. If you have any other questions you can reach me at wjlabarre@yahoo.com





But, I really recommend that book I told you about - "The Variety of Life," by Coin Tudge. It will clear up a lot for you and give you a broad understanding of classifying organisims. It's an excellent book. I looked at the wikipedia site you saw and you were right, it's not that clear.
Reply:Chicago has a nice botanic garden. It's actually a bit north of Chicago along I-94. it has several themed gardens and greenhouses as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment