Friday, July 31, 2009

How can I delete a 5 gb. drive that I partitioned off of my 40 gb. harddrive?

The 5 gb. drive was named C: and the Remainder is named E:. I have a problem because only one copy of Windows XP Home can run on this machine. And I also ran out of drive letters when trying to add a DVD drive. I would like to just delete C: drive and rename E: or have the DVD drive become C:. I don't care about losing the 5 gigs, but hope to save my data to DVD before reinstalling Windows XP on what should be C:. There is also a problem with memory locations being used as virtual memory not being found because Windows looks at C: as a usable drive. Anyone have a slow fix?

How can I delete a 5 gb. drive that I partitioned off of my 40 gb. harddrive?
You should not run out of drive letters that easily. To delete the C:\ partition, right click on your my computer icon %26gt;%26gt; click manage %26gt;%26gt; click the + sign by Storage %26gt;%26gt; highlight the drive you want to delete (if it does not have you OS installed on it) and click delete partition. Once it is deleted you should be able to rename your E: to C:

wedding flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment