Monday, May 24, 2010

Why does my open office writer keep freezing!!!!!!???

! cant handle this anymore!!! It's been doing this for the last several days and have lost so much sleep over this. I can't keep missing deadlines for work b/c of this- please help me. OO forums are not responding to me.





STATS:


File: 6.3 MB (40 pages, 64 graphics) but I've used it many times in the past just fine. It only happens sometimes but dozens of people depend on me to send this document monthly and I cant be late sending it.





OO Version: 2.3 (I deleted 2.1 and 2.2 installation files, but it has opened and worked fine since I did that, so if this might contribute to the issue plz inform me)





Does StarOffice have these same issues? I've never experienced such a thing in Microsoft.





System: MSft windows XP professional 2002 5.1 HP physical memory 512MB virtual: 2 GB (Wouldnt this mean my total computer memory capacity is 2.5 GB? If so, why does it say 504MB of RAM?


C Drive: 61.8GB capacity (13.7GB free space..is this by the way a good number? cpu is slow. Will 2*1GB help?





THANX!

Why does my open office writer keep freezing!!!!!!???
Do you have jdk/jre 1.4.1_01 or newer installed on your system?


According to the Openoffice.org that is the oldest version that can be installed for Openoffice to function properly.


No comments:

Post a Comment