Monday, May 24, 2010

Unable to delete Ubuntu ISO, any advice?

I downloaded the new Ubuntu release ISO via a torrent. The ISO was downloaded to a folder on the C drive- I have a dual boot set up going (C drive is Vista, D is Ubuntu), everything installed and runs normally. However it wont let me delete the ISO I used to install the OS- "the file is open in another program." Any idea where it could be open? I have unmounted all virtual drives, restarted the computer. I'm out of ideas....Thanks!

Unable to delete Ubuntu ISO, any advice?
Is the file still in the folder where you keep your torrents? If your torrent client starts automatically, it may be that your torrent software is seeding the file, even after a reboot. Close the torrent client, and it should free up. Either that, or reboot into safe mode, then delete the file. That might work too.

flower pots

No comments:

Post a Comment