Monday, May 24, 2010

Help with Sonnet?

this is a sonnet I wrote about my x-box. I need to know which are the stresses and which are the unstressed syllables.





My one polite delight that one must see


(Polite-not what one might expect of it)


Lies deep within realms of reality


Another word for “real” virtual bit





Smoke disperse was quite the original


Avenging Rangers-No more of C-Train


No one under ten was decisional


Invisible glitch-life in the fast lane





From Call of Duty Four to Gears of War


To “ Yes I like to pwn you every day”


The Clan-Avenging Rangers is no more


And pillar battles will always decay





So substitute the word “polite” for “true”


Oh Xbox Three Sixty, I do love you!





*any suggestions for how to make this better would also help. Not in terms of content, but in terms of fixing the whole syllables thing.

Help with Sonnet?
Your sonnet as it stands does not have a regular rhythm so it is impossible to scan every line poetically.





My one/ de light/ that one/ must see/


This first line is good as the stress is on the first sound,


Say it aloud stressing the first sound and you will hear that it flows.





As does this one.





Lies deep/ with in / the realms'/ re al/ it y/ .


I made a slight change to fit it into the rhythm.





However, when you come to the fourth line, it cannot be forced into the same pattern. Try looking up; "scanning:"and "rhythm" in Wikipedia.





Congratulations on your try. keep up your reading of all kind of poetry.

wedding flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment