Monday, May 24, 2010

Does anyone know where I can find examples on page replacement algorithms for operating systems?

I am working on a lab assignment for virtual memory and need to implement various page replacement algorithms (FIFO, LRU, Random). I am not looking to cheat or copy code from sources online, but really just need to get an understanding of how this can be done in a UNIX system with C++.





The professor hasn't been much help as the description of the assignment is only half of a page and useless. Basically, I just need to understand what processes should be called in the code to get a start on this thing. So really any information about virtual memory managment coding for operating systems will be a help. I am having difficulty finding any assistance on Google. Thanks!

Does anyone know where I can find examples on page replacement algorithms for operating systems?
uhmm yes......





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Page_replac...





Google it! remember Google is best resource.





Anywayzz i did for you


http://www.google.co.in/search?q=page+re...





hope this will help


Cheers:)


No comments:

Post a Comment