Monday, May 24, 2010

I need help with reformatting my PC?

I have Windows Media Center 2005. I have backed up all of my valuable data. I am ready to reboot, I have a Boot Disk that was sent with my computer and a Drivers CD. Only thing is, when I get to reformatting, it shows me partitions. Are Partitions safe to delete? Dell had made a virtual drive for back up on my computer, it was for Norton Ghost backup files, but I wont be using it anymore. So I recognized and deleted that partition. This is what is left....








-:Partition1%26lt;FAT%26gt; 55MB %26lt;46MB%26gt; Free





C: Partition2 %26lt;Local Hard Drive%26gt; [NTFS} 109639 %26lt;44774 MB Free%26gt;





Unpartitioned Space 42892





What is safe to delete in those partitions?


Is it possible to combine all partitions into one hard drive?


After all that, do I just select C: and reformat it?

I need help with reformatting my PC?
You should read the support section on Dell's website. This is a must!





Don't delete partitions that Dell has created, until you know for sure its ok.

survey results

No comments:

Post a Comment