Sunday, August 2, 2009

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem pop-up.?

Help! I had Windows XP. And this has never happen to me before. Only after I've completely uninstalled Symantec's Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition 8.01 since I've found a much better antivirus programme untill some pop-up error stating about some Virtual Driver Device and some 16 bit MS-DOS subsystem thingy.





The warning has been popping up on the computer screen for every five minutes, and it really annoys me. Can somebody help? I am never gonna install any of symantec's stuff anymore.





The warning goes like this:


C:\WINDOWS\system32\Command.com


C:\PROGRA~1\\Symantec\S32EVNT1.DLL. An installable Virtual Device Driver failed Dll initialization. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.








Hope someone can help me out on this! Thanks.

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem pop-up.?
The steps below should fix your AUTOEXEC.NT problem





Insert Windows CD into the CD drive


Click Start, and then click Run.


In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.


At the command prompt, type the following commands,


pressing ENTER after each command:





expand D:\i386\config.nt_ c:\windows\system32\config.nt





expand D:\i386\autoexec.nt_ c:\windows\system32 autoexec.nt





expand D:\i386\command.co_ c:\windows\system32\command.com





exit





Also remember, I put D: as my cdrom drive letter, yours may


be different, check what your cdrom drive letter is first


and use that instead of D:





Last note, if this does not work got to here


http://www.visualtour.com/downloads/





and download XPFIX.exe and run





Good Luck!!
Reply:Close it, and terminate. Go thru all program files, and Common files, and delete Symantec,(or anything that says Norton). Windows Explorer, My computer,Local disk,(C:), Programs, also Documents and Settings, Owner,(or your name), Local Settings...........look around,(Do not delete program files you need)


No comments:

Post a Comment